Skip to main content Skip to office menu Skip to footer
Capital IconMinnesota Legislature

Office of the Revisor of Statutes

    Subdivision 1. Assistance allowed. Upon the request of another road authority, any road
authority including the commissioner and the road authority of any city, township, or county
may provide technical and engineering advice, assistance and supervision to the requesting
road authority; and may make surveys and prepare plans for the location, construction, and
reconstruction of and perform maintenance on any highway, street, road, or bridge under the
jurisdiction of the requesting road authority.
    Subd. 2. Additional work. If so requested the assisting road authority may examine the
whole or any part of the highway or street system under the jurisdiction of the road authority and
recommend changes, alterations, or additions thereto that the assisting road authority deems to be
in the public interest and in the interest of safety and convenient public travel. The commissioner
may make surveys, studies, investigations, and perform work and services as are necessary in
carrying out such requests.
    Subd. 3. Engineering or survey services for state departments. The commissioner
shall render engineering or surveying services as the governor may require for any of the state
departments or agencies.
    Subd. 4. Pavement marking. The commissioner may pavement mark highways and streets
off the trunk highway system and furnish the necessary equipment and operators therefor when
any road authority, including road authorities of cities and state department or agencies having
jurisdiction over such highways or streets requests such pavement marking.
    Subd. 5. Payment for services. The cost of the work or services performed under the
provisions of this section shall be paid by the road authority, department or agency for which the
work or services were performed. All money received or expended therefor shall be credited or
debited to the trunk highway fund.
    Subd. 5a. Performing services for Public Utilities Commission, reimbursement. The
trunk highway fund shall be reimbursed for money expended by the Transportation Department in
performing services for the Public Utilities Commission.
    Subd. 5b. Reimbursement for services. The Office of Electronic Communication in the
Department of Transportation may perform work for other state agencies and, to the extent that
these services are performed beyond the level for which money was appropriated, may deposit
revenue generated from this source as dedicated receipts to the account from which it was spent.
    Subd. 6. Agreements regarding services. The road authorities, including road authorities of
cities, townships, counties, state departments, or agencies may enter into agreements with the
commissioner setting forth the work or services to be performed by the commissioner or the road
authority under the provisions of this section and providing for the method of reimbursement to or
from the trunk highway fund of the cost thereof.
History: 1959 c 500 art 2 s 39; 1973 c 123 art 5 s 7; 1973 c 718 s 21; 1975 c 435 s 20; 1976
c 166 s 7; 1980 c 614 s 123; 1984 c 417 s 14-16; 1986 c 444; 1993 c 266 s 16

Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes