97C.205 Rules for transporting and stocking fish.
(a) The commissioner may adopt rules to regulate:
(1) the transportation of fish and fish eggs from one body of water to another; and
(2) the stocking of waters with fish or fish eggs.
(b) The commissioner shall prescribe rules designed to encourage local sporting organizations to propagate game fish by using rearing ponds. The rules must:
(1) prescribe methods to acquire brood stock for the ponds by seining public waters;
(2) allow the sporting organizations to own and use seines and other necessary equipment; and
(3) prescribe methods for stocking the fish in public waters that give priority to the needs of the community where the fish are reared and the desires of the organization operating the rearing pond.
(c) A person age 16 or under may, for purposes of display in a home aquarium, transport largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, yellow perch, rock bass, black crappie, white crappie, bluegill pumpkinseed, green sunfish, orange spotted sunfish, and black, yellow, and brown bullheads taken by angling. No more than four of each species may be transported at any one time, and any individual fish can be no longer than ten inches in total length.