148.519 Registration procedures.
Subdivision 1. Applications for registration. An applicant for registration must:
(1) submit a completed application for registration on forms provided by the commissioner. The application must include the applicant's name, certification number under chapter 153A, if applicable, business address and telephone number, or home address and telephone number if the applicant practices speech-language pathology or audiology out of the home, and a description of the applicant's education, training, and experience, including previous work history for the five years immediately preceding the date of application. The commissioner may ask the applicant to provide additional information necessary to clarify information submitted in the application;
(2) submit a transcript showing the completion of a master's degree or its equivalent meeting the requirements of section 148.515, subdivision 2;
(3) submit documentation of the required hours of supervised clinical training meeting the requirements of section 148.515, subdivision 3;
(4) submit documentation of the postgraduate clinical experience meeting the requirements of section 148.515, subdivision 4;
(5) submit documentation of receiving a qualifying score on an examination meeting the requirements of section 148.515, subdivision 5;
(6) sign a statement that the information in the application is true and correct to the best of the applicant's knowledge and belief;
(7) submit with the application all fees required by section 148.5194; and
(8) sign a waiver authorizing the commissioner to obtain access to the applicant's records in this or any other state in which the applicant has engaged in the practice of speech-language pathology or audiology.
Subd. 2. Action on applications for registration. (a) The commissioner shall act on an application for registration according to paragraphs (b) to (d).
(b) The commissioner shall determine if the applicant meets the requirements for registration. The commissioner or advisory council may investigate information provided by an applicant to determine whether the information is accurate and complete.
(c) The commissioner shall notify an applicant of action taken on the application and of the grounds for denying registration if registration is denied.
(d) An applicant denied registration may make a written request to the commissioner, within 30 days of the date of notification to the applicant, to appear before the advisory council and for the advisory council to review the commissioner's decision to deny the applicant's registration. After reviewing the denial, the advisory council shall make a recommendation to the commissioner as to whether the denial should be affirmed. An applicant is allowed no more than one request for a review of denial of registration in any one registration renewal period.
HIST: 1996 c 363 s 9
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes