language to be deleted (2) new language
relating to private detectives; exempting certified public accounting services from licensure requirements;
amending Minnesota Statutes 2012, section 326.3341.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
(1) an employee while providing security or conducting an investigation of a pending or potential claim against the employee's employer;
(2) a peace officer or employee of the United States, this state or one of its political subdivisions, while engaged in the discharge of official duties for the government employer;
(3) persons engaged exclusively in obtaining and furnishing information as to the financial standing, rating, and credit responsibility of persons or as to the personal habits and financial responsibility of applicants for insurance, indemnity bonds, or commercial credit;
(4) an attorney-at-law while performing the duties of an attorney-at-law or an investigator employed exclusively by an attorney or a law firm engaged in investigating legal matters;
(5) a collection agency or finance company licensed to do business under the laws of this state or an employee of one of those companies while acting within the scope of employment when making an investigation incidental to the business of the agency, including an investigation as to location of a debtor, of the debtor's assets or property, provided the client has a financial interest in or a lien upon the assets or property of the debtor;
(6) an insurance adjuster employed exclusively by an insurance company, or licensed as an adjuster with the state of Minnesota and engaged in the business of adjusting insurance claims; or
(7) persons engaged in responding to alarm signals including, but not limited to, fire alarms, industrial process failure alarms and burglary alarms, for purposes of maintaining, repairing or resetting the alarm, or for opening the premises for law enforcement personnel or responding agents
Presented to the governor May 13, 2013
Signed by the governor May 16, 2013, 5:38 p.m.
Copyright © 2013 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.