stricken = removed, old language. underscored = added, new language.
Authors and Status
relating to education finance; clarifying the calculation of general education aid;
amending Minnesota Statutes 2016, section 126C.13, subdivision 4.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
Section 1. Minnesota Statutes 2016, section 126C.13, subdivision 4, is amended to read:
Subd. 4. General education aid.
For fiscal year 2015 and later,
A district's general
education aid equals:
(1) general education revenue, excluding operating capital revenue, equity revenue,
optional revenue, and transition revenue
, minus the student achievement levy, multiplied
1.10 times the ratio of the actual amount of student achievement levy levied to the permitted
1.11 student achievement levy
(2) operating capital aid under section
126C.10, subdivision 13b
(3) equity aid under section
126C.10, subdivision 30
(4) transition aid under section
126C.10, subdivision 33
(5) shared time aid under section
126C.10, subdivision 7
(6) referendum aid under section
126C.17, subdivisions 7
and 7a; plus
(7) online learning aid under section
(8) local optional aid
according to under
126C.10, subdivision 2d
1.20EFFECTIVE DATE.This section is effective for fiscal year 2019 and later.