as introduced - 87th Legislature (2011 - 2012) Posted on 03/23/2011 09:30am
A bill for an act
relating to public safety; expanding e-charging to include citations, juvenile
adjudication, and implied consent test refusal or failure; amending Minnesota
Statutes 2010, section 299C.41, subdivision 1.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
Minnesota Statutes 2010, section 299C.41, subdivision 1, is amended to read:
(a) The definitions in this subdivision apply to this
(b) "Auditing data" means data in e-charging that document:
(1) who took a particular action;
(2) when the action took place;
(3) the Internet Protocol address of the computer used to take the action;
(4) the identification number of the organization employing the individual taking
(5) what action was taken;
(6) the unique identification for the document against which the action was taken;
(7) the purpose for taking the action;
(8) the date and time the request was received by the e-charging system; and
(9) the identification number of the system from which the request originated.
(c) "Credentialed individual" means an individual who has provided credentialing
data to a government entity or a court and has been authorized to use e-charging.
(d) "Credentialing data" means data in e-charging that document for an individual
who is or was authorized to use e-charging:
(1) user identification;
(2) password; and
(3) jurisdiction identification.
For law enforcement officers, credentialing data also includes a biometric identifier.
For notaries public, credentialing data also includes an e-notary digital certificate.
(e) "E-charging" means a service operated by the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension
to provide communication and work flow tools for law enforcementnew text beginnew text end, prosecutors,
and the courts to use deleted text beginduring the process of charging a person with a crimedeleted text endnew text beginnew text end.
(f) "Government entity" has the meaning given in section 13.02, subdivision 7a.
(g) "Individual" has the meaning given in section 13.02, subdivision 8.
(h) "Work flow and routing data" means data in e-charging that document:
(1) the assignment or reassignment of a document to a person or place;
(2) any deadline for the action on the assignment; and
(3) validation that the needed action has been completed.