as introduced - 85th Legislature (2007 - 2008) Posted on 12/15/2009 12:00am
A bill for an act
relating to education; modifying eligibility standards for alternative facilities
bonding; amending Minnesota Statutes 2006, section 123B.59, subdivision 1.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
Minnesota Statutes 2006, section 123B.59, subdivision 1, is amended to read:
(a) An independent or special school district qualifies to
participate in the alternative facilities bonding and levy program if the district has:
(1) more than 66 students per grade;
(2) over 1,850,000 square feet of space and the average age of building space is 15
years or older or over 1,500,000 square feet and the average age of building space is
35 years or older;
(3) insufficient funds from projected health and safety revenue and capital facilities
revenue to meet the requirements for deferred maintenance, to make accessibility
improvements, or to make fire, safety, or health repairs; and
(4) a ten-year facility plan approved by the commissioner according to subdivision 2.
(b) An independent or special school district not eligible to participate in the
alternative facilities bonding and levy program under paragraph (a) qualifies for limited
participation in the program if the district has:
(1) one or more health and safety projects with an estimated cost of $500,000 or
more per site that would qualify for health and safety revenue except for the project size
limitation in section 123B.57, subdivision 1, paragraph (b); and
(2) insufficient funds from capital facilities revenue to fund those projects.
new text begin new text end