as introduced - 91st Legislature (2019 - 2020) Posted on 03/04/2019 02:04pm
A bill for an act
relating to health; modifying requirements for the volunteer health care provider
program;amending Minnesota Statutes 2018, section 214.40, subdivision 3.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
Minnesota Statutes 2018, section 214.40, subdivision 3, is amended to read:
To participate in
the program established in subdivision 2, a health care facility or organization must register
with the administrative services unit on forms provided by the administrative services unit
and must meet the following requirements:
(1) be licensed to the extent required by law or regulation;
(2) provide evidence that new text beginnew text endthe provision of health care services to the uninsured and underinsured deleted text beginis the primary
purpose of the facility or organizationdeleted text endnew text beginnew text end;
(3) certify that it maintains adequate general liability and professional liability insurance
for program staff other than the volunteer health care provider or is properly and adequately
(4) agree to report annually to the administrative services unit the number of volunteers,
number of volunteer hours provided, number of patients seen by volunteer providers, and
types of services provided; and
(5) agree to pay to the administrative services unit an annual participation fee of $50.
All fees collected are deposited into the state government special revenue fund and are
appropriated to the administrative services unit for purposes of administering the program.
new text begin new text end