as introduced - 82nd Legislature (2001 - 2002) Posted on 12/15/2009 12:00am
1.1 A bill for an act 1.2 relating to water; appropriating money for the 1.3 LQP-25/Lazarus Creek floodwater retention project. 1.4 BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA: 1.5 Section 1. [APPROPRIATION.] 1.6 $1,500,000 is appropriated from the general fund to the 1.7 board of water and soil resources for a grant to Area II 1.8 Minnesota River Basin Projects, Inc. for construction of the 1.9 LQP-25/Lazarus Creek floodwater retention project. The grant 1.10 may not exceed 75 percent of the project's cost. The remaining 1.11 25 percent must be matched by Area II Minnesota River Basin 1.12 Projects, Inc. The appropriation is available until expended. 1.13 Sec. 2. [EFFECTIVE DATE.] 1.14 Section 1 is effective on the day following final enactment.