as introduced - 87th Legislature (2011 - 2012) Posted on 04/11/2011 09:47am
A bill for an act
relating to utilities; modifying provision relating to transmission projects reports;
amending Minnesota Statutes 2010, section 216B.2425, subdivision 2.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
Minnesota Statutes 2010, section 216B.2425, subdivision 2, is amended to
(a) By November
1 of each odd-numbered year, a transmission projects report must be submitted to the
commission by each utility, organization, or company that:
(1) is a public utility, a municipal utility, a cooperative electric association, the
generation and transmission organization that serves each utility or association, or a
transmission company; and
(2) owns or operates electric transmission lines in Minnesotanew text beginnew text end.
(b) The report may be submitted jointly or individually to the commission.
(c) The report must:
(1) list specific present and reasonably foreseeable future inadequacies in the
transmission system in Minnesota;
(2) identify alternative means of addressing each inadequacy listed;
(3) identify general economic, environmental, and social issues associated with
each alternative; and
(4) provide a summary of public input related to the list of inadequacies and the role
of local government officials and other interested persons in assisting to develop the list
and analyze alternatives.
(d) To meet the requirements of this subdivision, reporting parties may rely on
available information and analysis developed by a regional transmission organization
or any subgroup of a regional transmission organization and may develop and include
additional information as necessary.