Skip to main content Skip to office menu Skip to footer
Capital IconMinnesota Legislature

HF 571

as introduced - 83rd Legislature (2003 - 2004) Posted on 12/15/2009 12:00am

KEY: stricken = removed, old language.
underscored = added, new language.

Current Version - as introduced

  1.1                          A bill for an act 
  1.2             relating to drivers' licenses; modifying conditions 
  1.3             for operating motor vehicle under a restricted farm 
  1.4             work license; amending Minnesota Statutes 2002, 
  1.5             section 171.041. 
  1.7      Section 1.  Minnesota Statutes 2002, section 171.041, is 
  1.8   amended to read: 
  1.10     Notwithstanding any provisions of section 171.04 relating 
  1.11  to the age of an applicant to the contrary, the commissioner may 
  1.12  issue a restricted farm work license to operate a motor vehicle 
  1.13  to a person who has attained the age of 15 years and who, except 
  1.14  for age, is qualified to hold a driver's license.  The applicant 
  1.15  is not required to comply with the six-month instruction permit 
  1.16  possession provisions of sections 171.04, subdivision 1, clause 
  1.17  (2), and 171.05, subdivision 2a, or with the 12-month 
  1.18  provisional license possession provision of section 171.04, 
  1.19  subdivision 1, clause (1), item (i).  The restricted license 
  1.20  shall be issued solely for the purpose of authorizing the person 
  1.21  to whom the restricted license is issued to assist the person's 
  1.22  parents or guardians with farm work.  A person holding this 
  1.23  restricted license may operate a motor vehicle only during 
  1.24  daylight hours the hours from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and only 
  1.25  within a radius of 20 60 miles of the parent's or guardian's 
  2.1   farmhouse; however, in no case may a person holding the 
  2.2   restricted license operate a motor vehicle in a city of the 
  2.3   first class.  An applicant for a restricted license shall apply 
  2.4   to the commissioner for the license on forms prescribed by the 
  2.5   commissioner.  The application shall be accompanied by: 
  2.6      (1) a copy of a property tax statement showing that the 
  2.7   applicant's parent or guardian owns land that is classified as 
  2.8   agricultural land or a copy of a rental statement or agreement 
  2.9   showing that the applicant's parent or guardian rents land 
  2.10  classified as agricultural land; and 
  2.11     (2) a written verified statement by the applicant's parent 
  2.12  or guardian setting forth the necessity for the license.