language to be deleted (2) new language
relating to health; changing the expiration date for e-Health Advisory Committee, the Trauma Advisory Council, and the Maternal and Child Health Advisory Task Force; suggesting review of data collection on stillbirths and prenatal protocols to prevent stillbirths;
amending Minnesota Statutes 2014, sections 62J.495, subdivision 2; 144.608, subdivision 2; 145.8811, subdivision 1.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
(a) The commissioner shall establish an e-Health Advisory Committee governed by section 15.059 to advise the commissioner on the following matters:
(1) assessment of the adoption and effective use of health information technology by the state, licensed health care providers and facilities, and local public health agencies;
(2) recommendations for implementing a statewide interoperable health information infrastructure, to include estimates of necessary resources, and for determining standards for clinical data exchange, clinical support programs, patient privacy requirements, and maintenance of the security and confidentiality of individual patient data;
(3) recommendations for encouraging use of innovative health care applications using information technology and systems to improve patient care and reduce the cost of care, including applications relating to disease management and personal health management that enable remote monitoring of patients' conditions, especially those with chronic conditions; and
(4) other related issues as requested by the commissioner.
(b) The members of the e-Health Advisory Committee shall include the commissioners, or commissioners' designees, of health, human services, administration, and commerce and additional members to be appointed by the commissioner to include persons representing Minnesota's local public health agencies, licensed hospitals and other licensed facilities and providers, private purchasers, the medical and nursing professions, health insurers and health plans, the state quality improvement organization, academic and research institutions, consumer advisory organizations with an interest and expertise in health information technology, and other stakeholders as identified by the commissioner to fulfill the requirements of section 3013, paragraph (g), of the HITECH Act.
(c) The commissioner shall prepare and issue an annual report not later than January 30 of each year outlining progress to date in implementing a statewide health information infrastructure and recommending action on policy and necessary resources to continue the promotion of adoption and effective use of health information technology.
(d) This subdivision expires June 30, deleted text begin2015deleted text endnew text beginnew text end.
(a) The council must meet at least twice a year but may meet more frequently at the call of the chair, a majority of the council members, or the commissioner.
(b) The terms, compensation, and removal of members of the council are governed by section 15.059. The council expires June 30, deleted text begin2015deleted text endnew text beginnew text end.
(c) The council may appoint subcommittees and work groups. Subcommittees shall consist of council members. Work groups may include noncouncil members. Noncouncil members shall be compensated for work group activities under section 15.059, subdivision 3, but shall receive expenses only.
The commissioner shall establish and appoint a Maternal and Child Health Advisory Task Force consisting of 15 members who will provide equal representation from:
(1) professionals with expertise in maternal and child health services;
(2) representatives of community health boards as defined in section 145A.02, subdivision 5; and
(3) consumer representatives interested in the health of mothers and children.
No members shall be employees of the Minnesota Department of Health. Section 15.059 governs the Maternal and Child Health Advisory Task Force. Notwithstanding section 15.059, the Maternal and Child Health Advisory Task Force deleted text beginexpires June 30, 2015deleted text endnew text beginnew text end.
new text begin new text end
Presented to the governor May 14, 2015
Signed by the governor May 14, 2015, 6:55 p.m.
Copyright © 2015 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.