as introduced - 90th Legislature (2017 - 2018) Posted on 04/20/2017 09:25am
A bill for an act
relating to disabled veterans; providing grants through the Support Our Troops
account for disability access home improvements; amending Minnesota Statutes
2016, section 190.19, subdivision 2a.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
Minnesota Statutes 2016, section 190.19, subdivision 2a, is amended to read:
(a) Money appropriated to the Department of Veterans Affairs
from the Minnesota "Support Our Troops" account may be used for:
(1) grants to veterans service organizations;
(2) outreach to underserved veterans;
(3) providing services and programs for veterans and their families;
(4) transfers to the vehicle services account for Gold Star license plates under section
(5) grants of up to $100,000 to any organization approved by the commissioner of
veterans affairs for the purpose of supporting and improving the lives of veterans and their
families; deleted text beginand
deleted text end
(6) grants to an eligible foundationnew text beginnew text end
new text beginnew text end.
(b) For purposes of this subdivision, "eligible foundation" includes any organization
(1) is a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code; and
(2) is a nonprofit corporation under chapter 317A and the organization's articles of
incorporation specify that a purpose of the organization includes: (i) providing assistance
to veterans and their families; or (ii) enhancing the lives of veterans and their families.